<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Austin day 1 

There is so many to write about, that I don’t know what to start with. Let take as I found it. So that would be the good working public transport to Down Town Austin and back to the Brodielane. It’s so good I wonder why it isn’t used by more people. So if, you like me, would be staying way out of Austin there are all kind of busses that would bring you to the bus that will bring you down-town. And it will do so at a fair price, no cheap! It costed me just $ 1,00 for a 24 hours pass, to be used on all metro bus lines. Then once in down town Austin you can you used the free “Dilo” bus lines.
Then there are these wonderful old building right next to the real modern 20 flight buildings. Well conserved and sometimes completely restored. There is this one building I really liked, but is in bad shape and not an original Austin building. It is the home of Mrs. Susanna Dickenson, the lady that survived The Alamo battle and brought the news of the defeat to General Sam Houston.
Also, for the first time of my, life I saw a drive-in bank.
I guess I walked around Austin between 2nd and 8th street for a couple of hours and I just can say: 'Come over and find out for yourself how nice Austin is'. Then I met my friend Anne and we went to the Elephant Room to see the Jazz Pharaohs play. Yes my friends I went to see a Jazz band play and I mus say I had a nice time and they were just great.
The guitar payer, is a friend of Anne and during a break he came over to us and we had a nice talk, well mostly Anne and he did. After the show we went out to eat a Pizza. While we were waiting for a table we went across the street to listen to some live music in the garden of Gueros taco bar. Quite by chance we saw Ruben Ramos sing a few songs with tha band that was playing. Then we went over to get our pizza and I was told it would be a real nice pizza, and I must agree it was a goooood pizza.
So that ended my 1st day in Austin.
Oh, and it true what they say, everything is bigger in Texas, but it becomes a real problem if you want just a small cup of coffee, than it is still one half of a liter :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?