<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Austin day 2 


Austin day 2 (Tuesday 18th Oct)

Today I need to book my train to San Antonio and also a hotel.
I want to see the Alamo, but I can’t miss the finals of the World Cup Rugby, so I can’t leave before Sunday. I booked the Amtrak for Sunday evening and a hotel in the centre on San Antonio. I don’t know if it is in a good neighbourhood, but at least it is close to all the things I want to see.
I was lucky enough that another friend had a day of and she proposed we go to Austin together and have a walk around the lake and after which we would have dinner together.
The walk was just great and I was even more pleased with it as there were so many squirrels hopping around, I could not believe my eyes. I made some real great pictures of them.
After this nice walk we went to down town Austin and had dinner in a real nice restaurant.
And to top it all, she was so very very kind to borrow her car for me to use the next few days.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?