<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Days Inn Downtown/Riverwalk Hotel 

Days Inn Downtown/Riverwalk Hotel
I found this hotel on the internet and the name and information made me belief that this hotel was close to downtown nearby the Riverwalk. However when I arrived at the station the cab driver informed me that it was not as close as I thought when I said: “To the Days Inn Downtown/Riverwalk please, can’t be that far”.
It is about 8-10 minutes by car with now traffic at all so it must be at least 6-8 miles to down town. That does not even is, what I would call, close to downtown.
It is situated 100 yards from a noisy free-way and you can hear passing trains blow their horn all day AND all night long.
So it is not really a calm place to be. However the staff has been quite helpful and no complains there.
To go down town I took the bus # 62 or 67 and it took about 15-20 minutes to get to the bus stop near the river walk.

Also there is a free wire-less internet.

The breakfast has a special: you can bake your own waffles in the shape of Texas.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?