<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Meeting Whiskers 

Meeting Whiskers (Richard Williams)


Quite some years ago I ‘met’ Whiskers on the net whilst searching for Sewell relatives. Richard has relatives with that name, but we have not (yet) been able to establish a connection between ‘our’ Sewell families.
Now both Richard and I have a family web-site and we have been exchanging information, pictures, holiday-whishes and so on for long time, but we never met each other.
Now as I was in Texas and he lives ‘just’ a 7 hours drive from where I’m staying I decided that I had to go over and meet my old pen-pal.
So I drove over from Houston to Muldrow (Oklahoma). It was a long drive, but it was worth every minute of it as at the end I found my old friend Richard.
He was much like the picture he had sent me but he had lost weight and looked much friendlier then he did on that picture I have. As it turns out he loves a good laugh and a good joke.
I also had the chance to meet his three dogs (Tackles) which were so kind as not to bite me in the ankle.
I had written Richard that I’m a vegetarian so Richard had made me a wonderful home cooked lentil soup. After a long talk about one thing an the other I went to my hotel just down the road. We were going to see each other next day and visit Fort Smith.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?