<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 05, 2007

Paris 49 in The Continental club 


Paris 49 in The Continental club

Monday for Happy Hour The Continental club had Paris49 playing.
This band 5 man ‘gipsy Jazz band’ has a strong Django Reinhardt feeling to its music. They also play French songs form the 40's and 50's.
The singer is the French born Olivier Giraud (electric guitar and vocals). Then there are:
David Chenu (saxophone and clarinette)
Luke Hill (Acoustic Guitar, bkp vocals)
Nate Rowe (upright bass)
Damien Llames (drums)
There is a CD out and it is called ‘Paris 49’. On this CD also the song that Olivier sang for me ’Sur le ciel de Paris’. Which made me sit down and think of my darling Parisian wife who could not be with me this trip! My guess is she surely would have loved this band.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?