<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 11, 2007

“That’s All Folks” 


Sunset at bastrop
'That’s All Folks'
Well today is my last full day in the USA, more specific my last day in Austin, Texas.
I must say I really had a wonderful time here. This all made possible because of my dear wife (who couldn’t be with me this trip). Also my friend Anne, with whom I stayed the last 4 weeks and let me drive around in her ‘68 GMC truck and made me meet so many people and discover so much new music. I hope, my dear Anne, it wasn’t too hard for you to share your house with a grumpy old man for 4 weeks.
Then all the friends I had before I came here (in no specific order) like : Chelsea, Dale, Gene, Don, Herb, Don Don, Nate, Richard, Rita, Dick, James, Will, Marcy, and new friends I found here like, Laurie, Kim (from Fadó), Dave, Larry, Tommy van den Avond, mr. Rodrigues, Rodney, Jessie Lee Miller, Bobby & Maureen, Claire, Dell, Ellen, Redd, James, the man at Amtrak station in Austin, Jessica from Seattle’s coffee shop, JoBelle, Ruby Jane, Olivier, Drucilla, all the squirrels in Austin, all the waiters and waitresses of the places I have been, the dream boy, and all the people whose name I don’t know or maybe forgot to mention.
I will be looking back to these for weeks with a smile on my face and soon forget the moments of waiting at the immigration and at Amtrak station in Austin(although they make a good story !)
When I’m back home I will fill in some of the days I left out and complete some of the stories.
It will be a while now before I will be writing about new places I will visit or people I will meet, so keep in touch and see you soon either live or on the net.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?