<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Visiting Bobby and Maureen in Bastrop 


Visiting Bobby and Maureen in Bastrop

Here is a picture of Bobby and Maureen at the banks of the Colorado River.

Meeting Bobby and Maureen and visiting them in Bastrop
I was introduced to Maureen and Bobby by Jessie lee Miller. She had advised me to go to see a show at Artz Rib. I came later than planned but just in time to see some songs played by The Texas Swing Kings. There Jessie Lee introduced me to Maureen and Bobby. We met again when Jessie Lee was singing at The Broken Spoke and it was then that Bobby offered me his CD.
After Jessie Lee’s show we went to see Lucky Tomblin. Maureen and Bobby invited me at their table and that’s how we come to know each other a little better, Bobby would explain me about the band and other bands and singers.
Later in the evening they told me that there would be a car show and street dance in Bastrop the following Saturday and they invited me to come and see them.
So on Saturday I drove down to Bastrop to visit Maureen and Bobby and they took me to visit Bastrop. The streets were filled with all kind of stands were you could admire and buy all kinds of goods. Also we saw a show of vintage cars (see pictures below).
We had a nice dinner in a local restaurant.
That’s were Maureen surprised me with this pair of miniature cowboy boots that I was admiring earlier.
After that we went for a walk longside the river and visited the old local bar, which now is a souvenir shop.
Agian I had a wonderful day, this time with my new found friends from Bastrop.



Pictures of the vintage cars.



































Pictures of Bastrop











Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?