<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Visiting Galveston, Texas 

Visiting Galveston, Texas

My re-found friends Dick en Rita wanted me to see something of the region so they had planned a day out in Galveston.
Now for those who don’t know what or where that is, just click here to find out more.

As you can see Galveston really is an Island and we had to cross a huge bridge in order to get there.
First we had a drive along the boulevard so I was sure to have seen the Gulf of Mexico. After that we went to visit the Bishop’s Palace and the Moody Mansion.

These are just two of the many landmarks on this island.
After that we went to Moody Gardens were we wanted to have dinner. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed, so we settled for a cheese taco from the quick service counter.
As we had some time left Dick and Rita wanted me to see one of the ‘pyramids’ in Moody Gardens.
There I found an impressing collection of amphibian, fish and birds. Even a sloth!
Then we went for a drive through The Strand, and that completed our day out.
PS!!!!!
It makes me wonder if those people here in the US I have run into and keep saying how much history Europe has an how few historical buildings etc. there are in the US have really tried to find the wonders of this country.
I know these buildings are just some 150 years old, but the Missions of San Antonio date for the early 1700! And then I have not even mentioned all the history from the time before the Europeans came to ‘The New World’!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?