<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wondering through Flores and Bajo Flores 

My friends live in upper Flores not far from Avenida Dictorio. However for some reason I decided to go towards lower Flores. Busy main Street with all kind of shops as one saw in the mid '50ies and '60ies in Holland or in Spain in the '70ies.
Unfortunately most of the shops were closed as it was siesta time. I didn’t realize that the siesta closing was for 14:00 'till 17:00 hours although it seemed to vary from shop to shop. It seemed strange to me that there were so many florists opened, but then a passed by the hospital so I thought that was the reason. However as I came to the end of the road I saw the real reason, I was facing a cemetery.
I took a left turn, but then the streets seemed getting the feeling of a bad neighborhood, so I turned back and seeing the time I walked back home. I had been walking for over 1 hour so it should take me at least 30 minutes to find my way back.
Once back with my friend I explained were I had been and she then said she should have warned me not to go there as it is a ruff neighborhood. Well it seems to happen to me all the time. As it did in Beirut, Austin and now in Buenos Aires, I seem to wonder into these places I should avoid...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?